- Sometimes we work from home and access office PC via remote desktop connection. We cannot print or save any documents from office PC to home printer or PC.
- The easiest solution would be to just e-mail the documents from the remote computer to an e-mail account you can access from your home computer. Then you could save, print or whatever to your heart’s content.
- If you want to do it the hard way, there are some steps you can take to have the remote computer use your local printer.
- Open the Remote Desktop program and select Options. Then click on the Local Resources tab and put a check in the Printers box. This will make your local printer available on the remote desktop when you connect.
- Next, click on the More button and here you can put a check in the Drives box to make your local drives show up on the remote computer when you are connected.
- Once all that is set, you can connect to your computer at work and look in the Printer Control panel and you should see your printer listed as one of the available printers. You will also see your C drive listed under My computer with the name of your home computer next to it.
- From there it should be pretty straightforward to save files and print to your local computer.